This recognition honors George C. Wheeler, ASNT Past President, Honorary Member, and former Sr. Manager of Technical Services at ISC, whose main initiatives were based on certification practices, as well as improving the Society through change.
To recognize and honor individuals who have made significant contributions to the development and advancement of professionalism of ASNT’s programs for the qualification and certification of personnel for nondestructive testing (NDT).
Nominees for the recognition must:
- Be long-time members of the Society (minimum of 15 years)
- Have maintained an ASNT NDT Level III certification at least 10 years
- Have membership on the ASNT Certification Management Council, including PTCC, NCB, LPC, etc., for at least six (6) years and served as a chairman of an examination method for at least three (3) years
Once a candidate has met the above eligibility requirements, they will be evaluated on the following criteria on the scorecard:
- Be involved in the development of personnel qualification and certification program documents, innovations, and/or enhancements
- Have examination supervisor or proctor roles including at least one international assignment
- Have service as a member of an ISO committee, task group, or document development group in certification
The nomination shall be in the form of a letter setting forth the reason the candidate should receive the recognition and list specific examples of how they meet the eligibility requirements listed above.
- Nomination deadline: 15 February
- Notification shall be sent to the recipient via registered mail.
- The recipient will be acknowledged at the Annual Awards Ceremony.
Form of AwardFrame Award
Not given in 2019
Past Award RecipientsGeorge C Wheeler Excellence in Personnel Certification Past Recipients
1711 Arlingate Lane
PO Box 28518
Columbus, OH 43228
Phone: 614-274-6003 Ext. Fax: 614-274-6899